Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Off-Topic Posting

  1. #1
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Once again the "Off-Topic" topics are getting excessive here and causing "On-Topic" topics to be pushed into the archives while they are still front page news.

    Please use these "Catch All" topics for off-topic discussion, whenever possible.

    Give Peace A Chance - for war & politics
    What Up (musically speaking) - for non-Cherie related music discussion
    Heard Any Good Ones Lately - for jokes
    You Tube Videos - for non-Cherie related videos
    California Dreaming/American Nights - for odds and ends

    Please keep in mind that if you were the only one posting "Off-Topic" it would probably be no problem but if there are several people doing it, it ends up becoming a problem.
    Thanks for understanding!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member raintown boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2005
    Posts
    206
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Makes sense, Gus. You have to forgive 'numpties' like me who need a bit of guidance into the workings of hostboards. This is a great place to visit and I'm happy to take on board any advice that will keep it that way. Sorry if I'm one of the guilty parties. Keep up the good work.

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    No apologies necessary Paul. These are just guidelines, not strict rules, per se.

    Many sites have multiple forums but, since this one doesn't, it helps to have these "catch-all" topics available.
    Sometimes, I just need to point them out to people who are not familiar with their purpose.

    Otherwise, I spend all of my own message board time "replying" to topics, which have already gone to page 2, in order to bring them back to page one.

    Utter selfishness on my part,
    for sure!
    [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SouthwestRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2006
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Gus no one wants to break the rules here in respect to our Board Mistress Cherie....

    But kindly refrain from removing posts that do not adhere to your own viewpoints...

    To do so is a violation of the First Amendment and is a hallmark of such regimes like the one in Cuba


    voltaire

    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
    Voltaire

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    SWR,
    I think your reading to much into this.
    Gus only wants us to post in appropriate thread topics.
    Host board doesn't allow us to do sub topics threads like ez board and it makes it tough to find current topics when they are pushed into the archives!
    I dont know what post may have been deleted, but I'm sure the Mods would let you repost under appropriate topic!!
    Gregg

    BTW: Nice quote by Voltaire. I agree with it! You should post it in the quotes thread!

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    Once again the "Off-Topic" topics are getting excessive here and causing "On-Topic" topics to be pushed into the archives while they are still front page news.

    Please use these "Catch All" topics for off-topic discussion, whenever possible.

    Give Peace A Chance - for war & politics
    What Up (musically speaking) - for non-Cherie related music discussion
    Heard Any Good Ones Lately - for jokes
    You Tube Videos - for non-Cherie related videos
    California Dreaming/American Nights - for odds and ends

    Please keep in mind that if you were the only one posting "Off-Topic" it would probably be no problem but if there are several people doing it, it ends up becoming a problem.
    Thanks for understanding!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Wingnut!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2005
    Posts
    526
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One more thing, no personal attacks please!

    We like to just have fun here!

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well said Wingnut!

    As I clearly stated in my previous post, on this thread, and more times than I care to remember, in private messages to SWR, these are guide-lines, not strict rules, per se!

    It's unfortunate that he tries to turn this forum into his own personal copy/paste blog. I have recommended that he get's himself a MySpace page, so he can blog to his hearts content but all of my suggestions and requests of him to help me maintain some order here, have fallen on deaf ears.

    I guess he thinks his first amendment rights allow him to go anywhere he wants and say anything he wants but this board is an extension of Cherie's personal web site and he is hardly ever ON topic.

    I have tried to be his friend and yet he has built up an anomosity toward me which has become increasingly apparent, in every post of his that I've had to removed, in recent months.

    We have never had to post terms of service here and I don't want to do it now. I also don't want to ban someone just because they don't like me.

    I hope it doesn't come to that but I won't just stand back and let abusiveness and disrespect take over this board, no matter who it is directed at!

    You are right...we just like to have fun here!

    Have a good one!
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic